Guidance for Part 142 flying training organisations
CASA has developed a range of guidance material to make it easier for flying training organisations to apply for Part 142 authorisations, or to transition to new rules by 31 August 2018. In addition to the sample exposition already available in CASA’s Manual Authoring and Assessment Tool (MAAT), a Microsoft Word version Part 142 Sample Exposition has also been released.
The Part 142 Sample Exposition (Microsoft Word version) is designed for operators who would like to submit their exposition as a single document. Though flexible, it is primarily intended for organisations that employ 15 to 25 people.
The new Part 142 Sample Exposition (Microsoft Word version) has been developed as an alternative tool for operators who conduct activities similar to those described in the template. It does not replace the Part 142 Sample Exposition template in MAAT, which any flying training organisation can choose to use instead.
Guidance material and information sheets are available below to help operators better understand the requirements and decide which template suits them best.
- Part 142 Sample Exposition
- Guide to using the Part 142 sample exposition
- MAAT Part 142 Sample Exposition
- Temporary management instruction TMI-2016-003 (instructions to CASA staff on conducting Part 142 assessments)
- CASR Part 142 Technical Assessor Handbook
- Sample syllabuses for flying training organisations, including an integrated commercial pilot licence training plan
- Information sheet: Transitioning to new rules for flying training organisations
- Information sheet: Expositions for flying training organisations
- Information sheet: Integrated flight training for private and commercial pilot licences
- Applying for authorisations and transitioning to new rules
- Flight training locations
If you have any questions, please phone us on 131 757 or submit an enquiry using our line form.