Registered operators - proof of eligibility for organisations
A registered operator under Part 47 must be a legal entity and meet the definition of an 'eligible person' for an organisation, as follows:
- a corporation incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001;
- a body incorporated under a law (other than the Corporations Act 2001) in force in Australia;
- the Commonwealth, a State or a Territory;
- an agency of the Commonwealth, a State or a Territory;
- a foreign corporation that is lawfully carrying on business in Australia.
Nominated registered operators that are organisations are required to provide proof of eligibility with every application.
Acceptable evidence for an organisation
- Insert your organisation's ACN or ARBN in the appropriate place on the form. CASA will check the Australian Securities and Investments Commission register to confirm that the organisation is registered, that the registered office address provided is correct and that the organisation is registered
- For a state registered and incorporated body, a copy of a certificate of incorporation
- For government bodies, a copy of the establishing statutory provision which proves it capable of exercising statutory rights in its own right (you must highlight or clearly identify the relevant portion of the document)
What if I can't provide the information in these lists
The lists of documents which would be considered suitable evidence are not exhaustive and CASA will consider other documents.
If you are unable to provide documents from the lists provided and you have other documents which you believe are suitable please forward these documents, prior to submitting your application, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Registrar will make a determination and provide feedback within 5 working days. Submitting the documents with your application without gaining prior approval may result in the non-acceptance of your application.
Additional information for identification
Translations of documents not originally in English
All documents must be provided in English. Documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation. The translation must be compiled by a translator registered with the National Accreditation Authority for Translators & Interpreters Ltd (NAATI) and must include the NAATI translator's stamp.
Contacts which may be useful when obtaining identification documents.
Australian National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) national hotline 1300 557 470