Project SS 99/05 - CASR Part 149 Approved Self-Administering Aviation Organisations
CASR Part 149 will specify the requirements for the certification and operation of self-administering aviation administration organisations appropriate to the administration of sport and recreational aircraft activities, amongst other aviation-related activities. Currently there is no organisational certification process and no regulatory standards have been set for such organisations. This Part will allow existing organisations to continue to administer their own activities provided they meet, and continue to meet, the applicable standards.
To approve and certify recreational and other aviation organisations to administer the following regulatory and related aviation activities:
- The issue of the certificates of registration for aircraft over 70kg empty weight
- The issue of airworthiness certificates (where applicable)
- The specification of pilot qualifications and the issue of pilot authorisations
- The specification of maintainer qualifications the issue of maintainer authorisations
- The approval of associated flying training and maintenance training facilities
- The conduct of surveillance activities involving of members and affliates of the organisations (and the aircraft they operate)
- Enforcement action where persons subject to the administrative oversight of the organisation are in breach of safety requirements specified in and under the regulations.
Part 149 was last subject to NPRM in 2007 and most of the underlying policy reflected in that NPRM was widely acceptable to respondents. However, the mechanisms that link self-administering organisations to CASA have been subject to considerable review since the 2007 NPRM and may be the subject of further review on the basis of public consultation before the regulation undergoes final legislative drafting.
This project was approved and announced May 1999.
- Part 149
Project Leader: email@example.com
Project Sponsors: Branch Manager, Flight Standards
|Consultation updates in 2016|
|NPRM 1502SS - Approved self-administering aviation organisations||Comment period extended until: 28 October 2016||25 Aug 2016|
|Consultation updates in 2008|
|DP 0802OS - Mass Increase for Aeroplanes Administered by RAAO||Comments close 11 November 2008||22 Sept 2008|
|Consultation updates in 2007|
|NPRM 0704OS - Recreational Aviation Administration Organisations - Proposed Part 149 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASRs)||Comments close 24 September 2007||26 Jul 2007|
|Consultation updates in 2000|
|SS 99/05 - Approved Self-Administering Aviation Organisations||Project approved.||Jan 2000|
|Consultation updates in 1998|
|NPRM 9805RP - Aviation Administration Organisations (121.28 KB)||Comments close 10 August 1998||30 Jun 1998|