- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Project OS 14/12 - Performance Based Navigation and Reduced Vertical Separation Minima regulatory review
Regulatory standards and requirements for Reduced Vertical Separation Minima (RVSM) and Performance Based Navigation (PBN) are currently contained in several Civil Aviation Orders, Civil Aviation Regulations, Civil Aviation Safety Regulations, Manuals of Standards and other advisory documents. At present there is an inappropriate aggregation of training, airworthiness and operational requirements in different regulatory areas. This has resulted from action taken over several years to facilitate the implementation of new technology.
As part of the regulatory reform program these requirements are to be reviewed to incorporate the relevant content into appropriate CASRs and related Advisory Circulars.
Failure to undertake this review and regulatory change will result in confusion within the industry and CASA as a consequence of the requirements various regulatory categories being located outside the CASR suite.
Review the Manual of Standards (MOS) Subpart 91.U Instrument 2005, Civil Aviation Order (CAO) 20.91 and Civil Aviation Regulations 181A-X to place Initial Airworthiness standards in CASR Part 21, Continuing Airworthiness standards in CASR Part 42, pilot training requirements in CASR Part 61 and operational requirements in CASR Part 91.
Associated advisory documents and Legislative Instruments will also be reviewed and withdrawn or reissued as required.
The objectives of the project are:
- Review the regulatory requirements for these navigation specifications and place the relevant requirements in the correct CASR Parts.
- Identify and repeal obsolete Legislative Instruments
- Issue current, appropriate Legislative Instruments where required.
- Repeal relevant CAOs and CARs.
- Review and reissue or rewrite and issue relevant advisory material supporting the new content of CASR Parts.
- Civil Aviation Order (CAO) 20.91
- Civil Aviation Regulation (CAR) 181 A through X
- Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) Part 21
- Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) Part 42
- Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) Part 61
- Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) Part 91
This project was approved by Peter Boyd, EM Standards Division on 14 April 2014.
Project Leader: email@example.com
Project Sponsor: Peter Boyd, Executive Manager Standards Division.
Standards Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Consultation updates in 2014|
|Project OS 14/12 - Performance Based Navigation and Reduced Vertical Separation Minima regulatory review.||Project approved.||2 May 2014|