- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Project OS 09/24 - Early Implementation of some proposed CASR Part 61 Policies via CAO
The CASA Flight Training and Testing Office (FTTO) have become aware of shortcomings in the Civil Aviation Orders relating to the conduct of flight tests for the command instrument rating and the flight instructor rating.
CASA Industry Permissions has identified 2 additional proposed Part 61 items that could be brought forward as part of this suite of changes.
The Part 91U PIR Project has identified further additional proposed Part 61 items that could be brought forward as part of this suite of changes.
All these policies have already been consulted as part of the CASA Part 61 NPRM. It is proposed for these CAO changes to limit consultation to the SCC and its Operational, Airspace and Infrastructure and Flight Crew Licensing Standards sub-committees and with the joint CASA/Industry Flight Training Panel members.
- Civil Aviation Order 40.2.1 - Instrument Ratings
- Civil Aviation Order 40.1.7 - Paragraph 8 - renewal of a flight instructor rating (any grade).
- Civil Aviation Order 40.1.7 - Paragraph 9.7 relating to approval to conduct flight instruction in multi-engine aeroplanes.
- CAO 40.1.7 and CAO 40.3.7 - CASA discretion regarding prerequisites for instructors with military or overseas experience ?
- CAO 40.1.7 Paragraph 4.1.1 and CAO 40.3.7 Paragraph 4.2 - certificates of validation
- Civil Aviation Order 40.3.7 - Paragraph 10.1 (c) clarification
These amendments would:
- enhance the safety of flight training in relation to advanced qualifications for instructors
- update relevant legislation to account for recent advances in approach navigation; and
- align with the already developed policies and guidance material proposed for CASR Part 61 for these qualifications
This project was approved by Peter Boyd, EM Standards Development and Future Technology Division on 21 December 2009.
CASR Part 61
firstname.lastname@example.org, Flight Training and Testing Office
email@example.com, Industry Permissions
firstname.lastname@example.org, Airways and Aerodromes
Project Sponsor: Peter Boyd, Executive Manager, Standards Development & Future Technology Division
Project Manager: Mike Juelg
|Consultation updates in 2009|
|Project OS 09/24 - Early Implementation of some proposed CASR Part 61 Policies via CAO||Project approved.||22 Dec 2009|