- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Project OS 05/01 - Post Implementation Review (PIR) of CASR Part 92
Civil Aviation Safety Regulations, CASR Part 92 came into effect on 1 January 2004. During the first year of operation of the regulations, some anomalies became apparent in application of the regulations. Additionally, recent changes to the ICAO Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air (the Technical Instructions) may require specific legislation to bring those changes into effect.
The review of CASR Part 92, involving consultation with all stakeholders, seeks to identify:
- elements of the legislation where interpretation has caused difficulties
- elements of the legislation which are difficult to implement or enforce
- inconsistencies between provisions of the legislation and with other legislation
- elements of the legislation which are overly complex
- changes necessitated by amendments to the Technical Instructions.
Amendment of CASR Part 92 will address identified deficiencies and will seek to simplify the existing legislation. CASA will also develop:
- guidance material that assists in interpreting and applying elements of the legislation and practical operational safety practices
- a Manual of Standards in respect of dangerous goods training that simplifies and modernises training requirements to replace the existing regulations.
Advice will be sought only from those directly affected by the legislation and an NPRM covering suggested changes will be prepared based on that advice in accordance with standard rulemaking procedures outlined in the Standards Development and Rule Making Manual.
CASR Part 92
This project was approved and announced 28 March 2005.
Project Leader: email@example.com
Project Sponsor: John Grima, Manager, Flight Standards
|Consultation updates in 2016|
|Project OS 05/01 - Post-implementation review of CASR Part 92||Project updated with revised information on the Post-implementation review.||19 July 2016|
|Part 92 Post Implementation Review report||Published||19 July 2016|
|Consultation updates in 2007|
|Project OS 05/01 - Post-implementation review of CASR Part 92||Page updated with revised information on the Post-implementation review.||10 Oct 2007|