Project OS 03/04 - CASR Part 132 Experimental aircraft - operating limitations affecting Regulation 262AP of CAR 1988
The majority of aircraft that operate on a special certificate of airworthiness in the limited category are ex-military aircraft, the operation of which is currently governed by regulations 262AM and 262AN of the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 (CAR 1988). Part 132 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR 1998) will replace 262AM of CAR 1988, incorporating aspects of the CAR provisions into the new regulations as detailed below.
Part 132 of CASR 1998 will specify:
- the conditions under which various limited category aircraft operations may be conducted
- the responsibilities of persons involved in the operation of limited category aircraft
- offences associated with the operation of limited category aircraft in breach of the applicable regulatory requirements.
A consultation draft of Part 132 regulations and associated Advisory Circulars will be developed as follows:
- AC 132-1(0) - Limited category aircraft operation:
The AC will provide guidance for existing and prospective owners, registered operators, operators and pilots of ex-military aircraft certified in the limited category.
- AC 21-5 - Limited Category Aircraft - Certification
- AC 21-10 - Experimental Certificates
- AC 21-25 - Limited Category Aircraft Permit Index-will be updated to reflect the changes that are proposed with the new regulations.
This project was approved and announced 4 November 2003.
- Part 132
Project Leader/s: email@example.com
Project Sponsor/s: Executive Manager, Standards Division
|Consultation updates in 2017|
|DP 1618OS – Maintenance of limited category aircraft||Comments close on 15 September 2017.||4 July 2017|
|NFRM 1524OS - Limited category aircraft operations (Part 132 Manual of Standards)||This NFRM has been published.||20 March 2017|
|AC 21-05 v2.0 - Limited category aircraft - certification||The AC has been published.||17 Jan 2017|
|AC 21-25 v5.0 - Limited category aircraft - permit index||The AC has been published.||17 Jan 2017|
|AC 132-01 v1.0 - Limited category aircraft||The AC has been published.||17 Jan 2017|
|NFRM 1408OS - Limited category aircraft operations||The NFRM 1408OS has been published.||16 Jan 2017|
|Consultation updates in 2016|
|CD 1524OS - Limited category aircraft operations (Part 132 Manual of Standards)||All comments should be submitted via online response form by close of business 8 April 2015.||25 Feb 2015|
|Consultation updates in 2015|
|NPRM 1408OS – Limited category aircraft operations||All comments should be submitted via online response form by close of business 1 April 2015.||4 Feb 2015|
|Consultation updates in 2003|
|Project OS 03/04 - Experimental aircraft - operating limitations affecting Regulation 262AP of CAR 1988||New consultation project has been registered.||4 Nov 2003|