Project OS 00/04 - CASR Part 129 - Foreign air transport operators - certification and operating requirements
Parts 129 and 119 of the new Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR 1998) both deal with the issuing of Air Operator's Certificates (AOCs) to air operators - Part 129 is for foreign operators, 119 for Australian operators.
Part 129 of CASR 1998 will prescribe the requirements for foreign operators operating foreign registered aircraft to, within or from Australian territory on air transport operations that are not regulated domestic flights. Amendment to the regulations relating to the issue of foreign a AOCs is necessary because:
- current requirements relating to obtaining an AOC have been identified as deficient in a number of areas and changes to the law will be proposed as a consequence
- AOC requirements need to be integrated with and formatted similarly to the other parts under development
- consolidating requirements applicable to foreign operations to Australia is desirable to improve safety.
Australia is one of several nations that issues AOCs to foreign operators and Part 129 will harmonise with other overseas regulations where appropriate.
- A standard that mandates a common cabin and flight crew member language and that requires flight crew members to be able to communicate with ATC in English.
- The use of Operations Specifications that act as a schedule to the AOC.
- A clear assignment of the Part 91 general flight rules that apply to Part 129 operators in Australia.
- The refinement of maintenance and airworthiness requirements applicable to aircraft operated by Part 129 operators.
- The consolidation in one part of mandatory operating requirements including radio, navigation, ACAS, and TAWS equipment fitment and usage.
- Restrictions to be placed on the crewing together of inexperienced pilots.
This project was approved and announced November 2000.
- Part 129
- Part 119
Project Leader/s: email@example.com
Project Sponsor/s: Executive Manager, Standards Division
|Consultation updates in 2000|
|Project OS 00/04 - CASR Part 129 - Foreign air transport operators - certification and operating requirements||This project was approved and announced November 2000.||1 Nov 2000|