Project MS 14/11 - Knowledge retainment through CAO to ATSO conversion
Project closed 9 February 2015.
The project was originally stated to convert CAO's containing standards still needed today into ATSO's. These standards will now be placed in the Part 21 Manual of Standards.
- CAO 108.28 - Specifications - Manufacture of Fixed Pitch Wooden Propellers contains specifications that are still in use today by multiple manufacturers within Australia. This CAO will be repealed with the information being covered by an ATSO.
- CAO 108.29 - Specifications - Timber for Use in Aircraft Propellers contains specifications that are still in use today by multiple manufacturers within Australia. This CAO will be repealed with the information being covered by an ATSO.
- CAO 108.41 - Manufacture of Replacement Aircraft Control Cable Assemblies has been repealed however the information and testing methodologies are still in use therefore the information I contains will be converted into an ATSO.
- To preserve the knowledge contained within CAO 108.28, CAO 108.29 and CAO 108.41 by converting them into ATSO's, after which CAO 108.28, and CAO 108.29 will be repealed.
- To replace the repealed CAO 108.41 with an ATSO in order to retain the specifications to ensure the safety of the manufacture of these products and testing methodologies.
CAO 108.28, 108.29 and 108.41
This project was approved by Peter Boyd, EM Standards Division on 3 April 2014.
Project Leader: Zachary Kennedy
Project Sponsor: Peter Boyd, Executive Manager Standards Division.
View the project history.