- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Project MS 12/33 - Guidance for use of CASA Form 1 - Authorised Release Certificate
CASA Form 1 is the approved form for an authorised release certificate (ARC) issued under CASR Part 21, CASR Part 42 and CAR Part 4A.
Guidance for use of CASA Form 1 for the purposes of CASR Part 21 and CAR Part 4A is currently provided by CAAP 42W-2(5) but there is no specific guidance for the purposes of CASR Part 42.
Furthermore, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) have recently harmonised their requirements for use of their respective ARCs (FAA Form 8130-3 and EASA Form 1: ref: EASA NPA 2007-13). The need to produce guidance for CASR Part 42 provides the opportunity to harmonise the guidance for use of CASA Form 1 with the FAA and EASA.
- It is proposed that a single source of guidance for use of CASA Form 1 for all CASR (Parts 21 and 42) purposes be produced and that this guidance be provided as an attachment to CASA Form 1.
- It is also proposed that CAAP 42W-2(5) be amended to remove the guidance for CASR purposes, leaving the CAAP as the source of guidance for only CAR 1988 and Form 917.
- Finally, it is proposed that all the guidance for use of CASA Form 1 (including Form 917) for all purposes be harmonised with the FAA and EASA requirements.
The objective is to provide guidance for use of CASA Form 1 for CASR Part 42 purposes, and harmonise the guidance for use of CASA Form 1 for all purposes with the FAA and EASA requirements.
CASR Part 42
This project was approved by Peter Boyd, Executive Manager Standards Division on 7 September 2012.
CAAP 42W-2(6) - Authorised Release Certificate has been published 5 March 2014.
- Draft CAAP 42W-2(6) - Authorised Release Certificate
- Parts 21 & 42 ARC - Form 1 Instructions
- Form 1 Draft
Comments on the draft CAAP, Parts 21 & 42 ARC Form 1 Instructions and draft updated Form 1 closed for comment 8 November 2013.
View the project history.