- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online tools and apps
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Project MS 12/29 - Ageing Aircraft Management Plan
The average age of Australia's piston engine fleet is 40 years. This is well in excess of the intended notional lives for the majority of the aircraft in the fleet. As a result, the Government directed CASA to increase its focus on ageing aircraft in Australia. This resulted in the CASA Ageing Aircraft Management Plan (AAMP) which, among other things, includes the development of a Discussion Paper with some possible options for managing the continuing airworthiness of ageing aircraft into the future.
The objective of this project is to increase industry awareness of ageing factors affecting individual Registered Operators aircraft: This includes the introduction of:
- A prototype matrix tool, which, if further developed, may provide individual registered operators and owners with feedback as to the extent to which their aircraft may be affected by ageing issues.
- An eLearning course specifically targeted at registered operators and owners to increase their awareness of ageing issues.
- Encourage the increased use of Type Clubs to share information and costs associated with the continued operation of ageing aircraft.
- Review the current minimum levels of maintenance appropriate to ageing aircraft.
This project was approved by Peter Boyd, Executive Manager Standards Division on 3 July 2012.
Project Sponsors: Peter Boyd, Executive Manager Standards Division
Standards Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Consultation updates in 2012|
|DP 1205CS - Ageing Aircraft Management Plan – To increase awareness and education in relation to ageing aircraft issues||This DP closed for comment 7 November 2012.||8 Nov 2012|
|DP 1205CS - Ageing Aircraft Management Plan – To increase awareness and education in relation to ageing aircraft issues||CASA wishes to advise that DP 1205CS - Ageing Aircraft Management Plan - To increase awareness and education in relation to ageing aircraft issues has been published and is now available for comment.Comments close 7 November 2012.||12 Sep 2012|
|Project MS 12/29 - Ageing Aircraft Management Plan||Project approved.||11 Jul 2012|