- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online tools and apps
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Project MS 07/16 - Post Implementation Review (PIR) of CASR Part 47 - Registration of aircraft and related matter
Since the introduction of CASR Part 47 it has become apparent that some regulations do not add any value to the registration process. Additionally, some regulations are not safety related, have proven to be impractical, unnecessary, or have not been utilised.
Some definitions are not clear, and a number of additional definitions are needed to clarify the terms used in the regulations.
The introduction of fees for registration services have altered the conditions under which registration applications are processed. These changes need to be reflected in the regulations.
An overall review is necessary to align the regulations to the current registration requirements and practices that have evolved since the introduction of the existing regulations and the completion of the transition of registrations to Part 47.
The objectives of this PIR are to:
- Identify and delete unnecessary and/or non-safety related regulations;
- Identify and delete or revise underutilised regulations;
- Provide definitions, as required, to clarify the intent of the regulations;
- Standardise various registration time limits and methods of application;
- Combine some regulations and reorder into a more logical sequence;
- Align with the standards and practices of other NAAs, where applicable to Australian operations; and
- Simplify and reduce the overall number of regulations.
A working group consisting of CASA staff and industry participants will address these objectives, in concert with the Post-Implementation Review of CASR Part 45.
Project approved by the Group General Manager, Personnel Licensing, Education and Training on 7 December 2007 and was registered on 11 December 2007.
CASR Part 47
Project Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org - Registrar - Australian Civil Aircraft Register
Project Sponsor: email@example.com - Manager, Airworthiness and Engineering Standards
Project Sponsor / Standards Officer/s: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Consultation updates in 2007|
|Project MS 07/16 - Post Implementation Review (PIR) of CASR Part 47 - Registration of aircraft and related matter||Project approved.||11 Dec 2007|