Project FS 11/39 - Post Implementation Review (PIR) of CASR Part 67 - Medical
CASR Part 67 details the regulations relevant to medication certification including:
- Appointment of Examiners
- Application for certificate
- Medical standards relevant to the different classes of certificate
- Issue and renewal of certificates
- Suspension and cancellation of certificates
Since commencement, the Part has been subject to post implementation monitoring and several anomalies have been identified requiring consideration and rectification. These include lack of inclusion of a Credentialed Optometrist (CO) as referred to in the DAME handbook. There is also the need to update Part 67 so as to ensure consistency with recent amendments to ICAO Annex 1 - Personnel Licensing that relate to medical standards, periods of certificate validities and recommended administrative procedures.
The deficiencies in CASR Part 67 create a situation that is confusing and inconsistent with current best practice. This increases the likelihood that mistakes will be made that may potentially impact upon safety.
The objective of this PIR are:
- To rectify anomalies in CASR Part 67
- To align with ICAO Annex 1 amendments 166-169 which contain significant changes to the medical standards, periods of certificate validities and recommended administrative procedures.
The characteristics of CASR Part 67 are outlined above. The DAME handbook will be reviewed and updated to ensure consistency with CASR Part 67.
This project was approved by Peter Boyd, Executive Manager, Standards Development & Future Technology on 21 September 2011.
CASR Part 67
Project Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Sponsor: Pooshan Navathe
Standards Development Project Manager: Kieran Gregory
|Project FS 11/39 - Post Implementation Review (PIR) of CASR Part 67 - Medical||Project approved.||22 Sep 2011|