Project FS 11/36
This project is now closed.
14 Aug 2013
This project is now closed
Refer to the project closure notes for further information.
19 Oct 2011
Project closed 14 August 2013.
With the introduction of CASR Part 61 - Flight Crew Licensing in December 2013, a rewrite of CAAP 5.23-1(1) is no longer required or relevant to the regulations and competency requirements of CASR Part 61.
Consequently, Advisory Circular 61-1(0) Parts 1 to 3 will be released concurrent with CASR Part 61. This CAAP will contain similar content to that proposed in the rewrite of CAA 5.23-1(1).
As part of the review and enhancement of flying training guidance material, CASA is planning to review CAAP 5.23-1(1) Multi-Engine Operations and Training.
This review will look to build on the existing CAAP documentation and will result in three separate phases. These are:
- Phase 1. Guidance on the development and delivery of endorsement and familiarisation training in multi-engine aeroplanes;
- Phase 2. Guidance on the safety aspects of operating multi-engine aeroplanes; and
- Phase 3. Guidance on the training and supervision of multi-engine flight instructors.
It is expected that Phase 1 will be completed by June 2012.
A review and rewrite of CAAP 5.23-1(1)
- It is expected that Phase 1 will be completed by June 2012
- Part 2 in the last quarter 2012
This project was approved by Peter Boyd, Executive Manager, Standards Development & Future Technology Division on 4 October 2011.
Project Leader: John Dolby
Project Sponsors: Gerard Campbell, A/g Executive Manager CASA Operations
Standards Development Project Manager: Mike Juelg