- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Project CS 15/01 - Weight and Balance - Airships
There are currently no defined procedures or requirements for persons conducting weight and balance activities for Airships. This has become an issue with the recent request to operate an airship in Australia, the concern being the safety implications of incorrect weight and balance calculations and procedures.
- Creation and promulgation of a legislative instrument, similar to CAO 100.7 and CAO 100.96 (aircraft and balloons respectively).
- Define required procedures and qualifications for conducting weight and balance for airships.
This would be a new rule related to CAO 100.7 and CAO 100.96. A consolidation of all three into a single instrument remains a future option.
This project was approved by the Executive Manager, Standards Division 12 February 2015.
Project Leader/s: email@example.com
Project Sponsor/s: Executive Manager, Standards Division
|Consultation updates in 2015|
|Project CS 15/01 - Weight and Balance - Airships||Project approved.||16 Feb 2015|