- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online tools and apps
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Project AS 18/06 - Review of Part 171 of CASR and MOS - proposed improvements
Part 171 of CASR 1998 requires improvements in the following areas:
- clearly and explicitly requiring an air navigation service provider (ANSP) to comply with ICAO SARPs contained in Annex 10 if the system to be implemented has been standardised by ICAO
- providing a regulatory basis for either initial (as part of the application process) or later approvals of significant deviations from ICAO Annex 10.
To facilitate the approval of instances where an ANSP is non-compliant with the communication, navigation and surveillance (CNS) systems specified in ICAO Annex 10.
This is proposed to be achieved by including the list of approved differences in the Part 171 Manual of Standards (MOS) thereby providing the head of power for deviations from international standards.
A secondary objective is to iteratively update the regulations considering operational experience and relevant Australian and international developments.
An ancillary benefit will be a simplified and credible process of filing differences to ICAO.
- Part 171 of CASR
- Part 171 MOS.
The proposed scope of work was approved by the Manager, Flight Standards Branch 24 August 2018.
Project leader: Masoud Paydar, Senior Standards Officer (CNS)
Policy manager: Manager, ATMS Standards
|Consultation updates in 2018|
|Project AS 18/06 - Review of Part 171 of CASR and MOS - proposed improvements||Project approved.||10 September 2018|