Project AS 12/02 - New Advisory Circular (AC) for Aerodrome Emergency Planning to replace CAAP 89I-2(0)
Project closed 2 October 2012.
Final AC 139-7(0) has been published to replace CAAP 89I- 2(0)
Civil Aviation Advisory Publication (CAAP) 89I-2(0) titled Aerodrome Emergency Planning was first published in March 1994. The document has not undergone any revision or amendment since that time. In 2003, the previous Civil Aviation Regulations for aerodromes was converted into the current suite of Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) Part 139. As a result, the references throughout the original CAAP refer to regulations which no longer exist.
Since the original publication of CAAP 89I-2(0), the best practice for emergency management has evolved and CASA advisory information needs to keep pace. Futhermore, surveillance has identified that many certified aerodrome operators need additional guidance in order to achieve a high standard of compliance in the following areas:
- The formation, control and conduct of their Aerodrome Emergency Committee;
- The appropriate content and structure of their Aerodrome Emergency Plan;
- The conduct of emergency exercises including effective planning, the establishment of objectives and the subsequent improvement of their Aerodrome Emergency Plan;
- The adequate review of their Aerodrome Emergency Plan; and
- The proper procedure for requesting the deferral of a planned emergency exercise under CASR 139.215(2), (3) and (4).
CASA has recently tabled an aerodrome emergency planning working paper at the National Airport Emergency Planning Action Group (NAEPAG). The purpose of the paper was to promote an alternative means of regulatory compliance for those remote aerodromes with limited community resources. This new Advisory Circular will also incorporate the key elements of his working paper.
If CAAP 89I-2(0) is not updated, the published advisory information will continue to reference obsolete legislation. In addition, many aerodromes will continue to be without guidance information to expand on the aerodrome emergency planning requirements as documented in both CASR Part 139 and the Manual of Standard (MOS) Part 139.
The aim of the project is to:
- Replace Civil Advisory Publication 89I-2(0) with an Advisory Circular aligned to the current regulatory structure;
- Provide the operators of Certified Aerodromes with additional guidance with the requirements of CASR Part 139 and MOS Part 139 for aerodrome emergency planning; and
- Incorporate the key elements of the aerodrome emergency planning working paper tabled at the NAEPAG
This project was approved by Peter Boyd, Executive Manager Standards Development & Future Technology Division on 13 January 2012.
Airspace and Infrastructure Users Group (SCC)
|Consultation updates in 2012|
|Project AS 12/02 - New Advisory Circular (AC) for Aerodrome Emergency Planning to replace CAAP 89I-2(0)||
This project is now closed
|2 Oct 2012|
|This final AC has been published.||11 Sep 2012|
|ac139-7.pdf||Comments on this draft AC are to be forwarded to the Project Leader, Greg Doherty (Greg.Doherty@casa.gov.au) by close of business 10 August 2012.||27 Jul 2012|
|Project AS 12/02 - New Advisory Circular (AC) for Aerodrome Emergency Planning to replace CAAP 89I-2(0)||Project approved.||
19 Jan 2012