Project AS 04/04 - Post-implementation review of CASR Part 65 - Air traffic services licensing
CASR Part 65 was developed to prescribe the requirements for issuing Air Traffic Control licences and associated ratings, endorsements and qualifications. This includes the privileges, limitations and conditions on such authorisations.
- Names of ATC ratings: Names of ATC ratings to be amended to match ICAO Annex 1 naming conventions.
- Recency: The recency requirement and re-satisfaction of recency can be tailored to a particular location by use of a risk assessment process.
- Currency: A currency requirement will apply to persons returning to ATC duties after absences of 3 years or more.
- Life of authorisations: Ratings, Endorsements and Qualifications to be issued without expiry.
- English language proficiency: Current English language requirements to be updated to meet ICAO Annex 1 standards.
- Streamlined licence requirements: Eligible persons will be able to control for up to 28 days pending issue of licence document.
- Supervision: Regulations will now clarify the original intent that persons undertaking on-the-job training must be supervised by an on-the-job training instructor.
- Assessment: Regulations will now clarify the original intent that assessments must be conducted by a workplace assessor.
- Cancellation of licences: Licences will only be cancelled for safety reasons or breaches of regulations. Loss of medical fitness or retirement will no longer require cancellation of licence.
- Omission of duplicated regulations: Some of the administrative regulations have been omitted because they are now covered in CASR Part 11.
- Notifying CASA when competence is in doubt: To allow safety action to be taken, ATS providers will be able to notify CASA about controllers whose competence is in doubt.
- Part 65 MOS
- Part 65 CASR
This project was approved and announced 10 August 2004.
Airspace and Infrastructure Users Group (SCC)
|Consultation updates in 2007|
|NPRM 0707AS - Amendments to CASR Part 65 - Air traffic services licensing||
NPRM published, Comments closed 13 September 2007.
|19 Jul 2007|
|Consultation updates in 2005|
|NFC 65/01 - Amendment to MOS Part 65 — Air Traffic Service Licensing and Training Requirements||NFC 65/01 titled Amendment to Manual of Standards (MOS) Part 65 — Air Traffic Service Licensing and Training Requirements has been published.||
23 Jan 2005
|Consultation updates in 2004|
|NPC 65/01 titled Proposed Amendments to MOS Part 65 - Air Traffic Services Licensing and Training Requirements has been published and is now available for comment.||22 Sep 2004|
|Project AS 04/04 - Post Implementation Review (PIR) of CASR Part 65 - Air traffic services licensing||Project approved.||10 Aug 2004|