- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
PEXO exams frequently asked questions
Can I use a laptop instead?
Yes, a laptop may be used by the Supervisor with the following conditions:
- it meets all the listed requirements specified in the PEXO invigilator and registrar handbook including Internet Explorer version 7 (or later) and Adobe Acrobat reader.
- the screen is at least 12.5 inch wide.
- a conventional mouse can and must be attached (laptop mouse is not permitted).
- the exam session is held in a secure quiet room.
- the computer remains physically connected to the internet throughout the entire examination.
- the keyboard of the laptop must be secured from candidate's usage by some means? This may be achieved by continuously keeping an eye on the candidate.
Does the PC have to remain online all the time for the exam session?
Yes. The PC will continuously be transferring data to and from the CASA PEXO server throughout the examination. An exam, once commenced, must be completed on the same day. If, due to any reason, an exam is interrupted, it may be resumed, either on the same computer or any other at the same exam centre. If it is not possible for a candidate to complete their exam on the date it was booked, the exam must then be re-booked for a new date.
Candidates input will not be allowed after expiration of the permitted time.
Why can't I just register verbally by telephone?
As part of the registration process, CASA requires Registrars and Invigilators to supply an e-mail address. This address will be used for system-related communications. As a security measure, the email address must be communicated in writing (via either fax or email).
Can I use a Mac computer?
No. PEXO is not compatible with Mac computers. As per the PEXO invigilator and registrar handbook.
Can I print a hardcopy version for simultaneous multiple sittings?
No. PEXO will not permit any such printing.