Part 141 operators: applying for authorisations and transitioning to new rules
Part 141 sets out an organisational and operational framework for flying training organisations that provide flight training for recreational, private and commercial pilot licences, ratings and endorsements for single pilot aircraft. It does not extend to intensive integrated training for private and commercial licences or training for multi-crew authorisations.
- If you are a new entrant into the aviation industry or an existing aviation operator wanting to commence Part 141 flight training activities for the first time you will need to meet the requirements of CASR Part 141.
- If you were conducting flight training activities prior to 1 September 2014 and are already the holder an air operator’s certificate (AOC) or CASR Part 60.055 authorisation issued before that date you will need to comply with the new rules by 31 August 2018.
As part of the application process, you will need to submit the required documents. This will include developing an operations manual for your organisation that reflects the requirements of CASR Part 141. If you create or amend flight training syllabuses you will also need to submit these to CASA for approval. Guidance on meeting these requirements is provided below.
What do you want to do?
- Apply for a new Part 141 flight training approval
- Transition to Part 141 as a pre-1 September 2014 operator
Resources and guidance
- Guidance for Part 141 flying training organisations
- CASR Part 61 Licence Instruction Guide
- CAR Part 5 Licence Instruction Guide
- Licensing information sheets
- Notices for flight training organisations and ATOs
- Other flying training resources
Understanding the Regulations
We strongly recommend you refer to the following information to gain a clear understanding of the requirements for complying with the regulations.
If you have any questions about approvals for flight training organisations please contact CASA’s Permission Application Centre on 136 773 or submit an enquiry using our online form.