- Proposed Amendment to Maintenance and Equipment Standard Requirements for Night Vision Goggles
This NPRM is issued by CASA with a view to ensuring that Australian aviation safety requirements are current and appropriately address safety risks.
CASA's policies require that the aviation safety regulations must:
- be necessary to address known or likely safety risks
- provide for the most efficient allocation of Industry and CASA resources
- be clear and concise
- where appropriate, be aligned with international standards and drafted in outcome based terms.
This amendment to CAO 82.6 proposes to allow operators more flexibility in selecting an appropriate maintenance facility and looks to introduce mandatory failure reporting for in flight NVG failures. It will provide an updated standard for NVG that recognises the improvements in technology that have occurred.
6 August 2014
- NPRM 1412CS - Preamble (288KB)
- ANNEX A - Response Form (44KB)
- ANNEX B - Draft Instrument for CAO 82.6 Amdt (244KB)
How to respond
Comment period now closed.
Contact: Charles Lenarcic, Project Leader