- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
NPRM 1306OS - Regulatory requirements for scenic flights in small aircraft
This NPRM is issued by CASA with a view to ensuring that Australian aviation safety requirements are current and appropriately address safety risks.
CASA’s policies require that the aviation safety regulations must:
- be necessary to address known or likely safety risks
- provide for the most efficient allocation of Industry and CASA resources
- be clear and concise
- where appropriate, be aligned with international standards and drafted in outcome based terms.
Proposed Part 91 of CASR 1998 will establish the general operating and flight rules that will apply to flights in Australia, and will apply in conjunction with one or more other CASR Parts that will apply to the transport of passengers and/or cargo by an air transport operator.
- Part 119 of CASR 1998 will address overarching operator certification and management requirements for Australian air transport operators
- Part 135 of CASR 1998 will address the operational standards requirements for Australian air transport operations in small aeroplanes
- Part 133 of CASR 1988 address the operational standards requirements for Australian air transport operations in rotorcraft.
This amendment to the proposed Part 119 of CASR 1998 would introduce reduced certification requirements for scenic flight operations in small aircraft.