- Regulatory requirements for scenic flights in small aircraft
This NPRM is issued by CASA with a view to ensuring that Australian aviation safety requirements are current and appropriately address safety risks.
CASA’s policies require that the aviation safety regulations must:
- be necessary to address known or likely safety risks
- provide for the most efficient allocation of Industry and CASA resources
- be clear and concise
- where appropriate, be aligned with international standards and drafted in outcome based terms.
Proposed Part 91 of CASR 1998 will establish the general operating and flight rules that will apply to flights in Australia, and will apply in conjunction with one or more other CASR Parts that will apply to the transport of passengers and/or cargo by an air transport operator.
- Part 119 of CASR 1998 will address overarching operator certification and management requirements for Australian air transport operators
- Part 135 of CASR 1998 will address the operational standards requirements for Australian air transport operations in small aeroplanes
- Part 133 of CASR 1988 address the operational standards requirements for Australian air transport operations in rotorcraft.
This amendment to the proposed Part 119 of CASR 1998 would introduce reduced certification requirements for scenic flight operations in small aircraft.
How to respond
Please forward your response to CASA by 16 April 2015 by one of the following means:
- Online survey (preferred)
- Post (no stamp required in Australia)
Reply Paid 2005
Standards Documentation Coordinator
CASA’s Standards Development and Quality Assurance Branch
Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
- Email email@example.com
Contact: Mick English, Project Leader
20 January 2015
- NPRM 1306OS - Regulatory requirements for scenic flights in small aircraft (152KB)
- Annex A to NPRM 1306OS - Summary of responses to DP 1210OS - AOC requirements for local scenic flights (144KB)
All comments should be submitted via the Project Leader, Mick English by close of business 16 April 2015.