Notice of Proposed Rule Making -
Part 119 of CASR 1998 as proposed, is a set of generic administrative legislation applicable to all holders of an Australian AOC for passenger and cargo, and for cargo only transport services that will complement specific and detailed operational legislation proposed in Parts 121, 133 and 135 of CASR 1998 in aeroplanes and rotorcraft.
CASR Part 119 as proposed in this NPRM complements requirements of AOC holders contained in Division 2 of the Act.
It is proposed that the following common requirements applicable to all AOC holders regardless of the nature of their operation would be contained in Part 119 of CASR 1998:
- Exposition documentation, information management and records management;
- Key personnel;
- Personnel fatigue management (the detail of which is the subject of a separate CASA project); and
- Safety Management System (SMS) including organisational training and safety promotion.
This NPRM proposes that the term ‘air transport operation’ be used to replace current charter and regular public transport terminology in existing legislation and that the term be interpreted to mean services for the transportation of passengers and cargo that are publicly available, and/or are conducted for hire or reward;
- Flights where individual seats on the aircraft are offered to the public; and
- Flights where all or some of the capacity of the aircraft is offered for hire to persons generally.
How to respond
Comment period now closed.
Contact: Andrew Ward, Project Leader
- NPRM 0903OS - Australian Air Transport Operators – Certification and Management, Proposed CASR Part 119 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998
- Annex A - Consultation Draft – Part 119 and draft definitions
- Annex B - Draft GM/AMC to Part 119
- Annex C - Draft Advisory Circulars for proposed CASR Part 119
- Annex D - Draft Sample Exposition for proposed CASR Part 119