- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
NPRM 0806SS - Regulatory Administrative Procedures - Proposed Amendments to Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) Part 11
Key proposed changes
Part 11 provides the regulatory administrative requirements for authorisations, exemptions and directions issued by CASA.
A review of the current Part 11 and related provisions in other CASR Parts and the CARs has identified the need to simplify and standardise CASAs regulatory administrative procedures.
The proposed amendments will refine the administrative requirements currently contained in Part 11, other CASR Parts and in the CARs, and consolidate them in Part 11, including:
- The regulatory services and subsequent compliance requirements governing the issue and granting of authorisations necessary for entry into the aviation system under the CASRs.
- The application and approval of exemptions against the provisions contained in the CASRs.
- The issuance of maintenance, aerodrome or operational directions (but does not include airworthiness directives).
The proposed amendments to Part 11 are voluminous and largely editorial and machinery in nature. They are detailed in Annex A. Key amendments address:
- Introducing a new definition of ‘Authorisation’.
- Part 11 becoming applicable to the CARs as well as the CASRs.
- Empowering CASA to impose a condition on an authorisation after it has been issued by CASA.
- Requiring that any conditions on an authorisation are to be complied with.
- Providing a new generic provision in Subpart 11G, creating a general power for CASA to issue a notice requiring an authorisation holder to notify CASA of matters specified in the notice.
- Deleting from CASR 11.260(2)(a), the requirement for the CEO of CASA to personally issue directions under subpart 11G.
How to respond
Comments period now closed.
- Comments closed: 30 January 2009
Contact Adam Anastasi, CASR Part 11 Project Leader