NPRM 0803OS - Implementation of Safety Management Systems (SMS) and introduction of Human Factors (HF) training and Non-Technical Skills (NTS) assessment
Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) 0803OS
Implementation of Safety Management Systems (SMS) and introduction of Human Factors (HF) training and Non-Technical Skills (NTS) assessment
Key changes (as proposed in November 2008)
- Requirement for all Regular Public Transport (RPT) operators to have in place a Safety Management System (SMS).
- Requirement for all RPT operators to have in place Human Factors (HF) Training and Non-Technical Skills (NTS) Assessment.
- Requirement for the operator of an aircraft engaged in international flight to ensure that a true and complete hard copy of the following documents be carried on board an aircraft:
- the operator’s current Air Operator's Certificate (AOC); and
- each operations specification issued in conjunction with the AOC that is relevant to the aircraft.
How to respond
Comment period now closed.
Contact Ian Dix
NPRM published: 10 November 2008
- 0803os_preamble.pdf — Preamble
- NPRM Annex A — Proposed amendments to Civil Aviation Orders (CAOs) 82.3 and 82.5
- NPRM Annex B — Proposed Civil Aviation Advisory Publications (CAAPs) SMS-1(0), SMS-2(0), SMS-3(0)
- NPRM Annex C — Regulation Impact Statement (RIS)
- Comments closed: 15 December 2008