Notice of Proposed Rule Making - NPRM 0910AS
Vehicles on the Manoeuvring Area of Aerodromes with Advanced-Surface Movement Guidance and Control Systems (A-SMGCS)
Mitigate the risk of runway incursions by surface vehicles on the manoeuvring areas at designated major Australian aerodromes supporting high density, high capacity passenger transport operations.
Key change proposals
- Provide regulatory power for CASA to designate an aerodrome as an aerodrome subject to Advanced Surface Movement Guidance and Control Procedures
- Introduce regulations:
- requiring the aerodrome certificate holder at designated aerodromes to have processes that limit the entry of surface vehicles to the manoeuvring area to those vehicles fitted with serviceable electronic surveillance equipment that meets the standards for such vehicle equipment that would be published in the MOS 139;
- prohibiting the entry of any vehicle not equipped with the specified electronic surveillance and radio communications equipment, unless closely escorted by another vehicle which has the equipment; and
- requiring vehicle drivers at the designated aerodromes to monitor the air traffic control radio frequency while in control of a vehicle at all times that the vehicle is on the manoeuvring area, and to communicate with ATC as necessary.
Comment period now closed
Contact Brian Harris, A-SMGCS Project Officer
Annex A - Consultation Draft Amendment Schedule
Annex B - Proposed MOS Part 139, chapter 10 Amendments
Annex C - Chart of Total Runway Incursion Incidents at Australian Aerodromes
- Comments closed: 11 March 2010