- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Notice of Proposed Rule Making – NPRM 0704OS
- nprm0704os.pdf (pdf 183.29 KB)
- nprm0704os_aa.pdf (pdf 71.78 KB) - Consultation Draft
- nprm0704os_ab.pdf (pdf 158.99 KB) - Draft Advisory Circular - AC 149-01(0) - Regulatory Enforcement for CASR Part 149 Organisations
- Comments closed: 24 September 2007
Recreational Aviation Administration Organisations - Proposed Part 149 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR)
Proposed CASR Part 149 is part of a suite of Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) Parts that address the administration and operation of various recreational aviation activities. By the very nature of sport and recreational aviation, many of the rules that are applicable to larger aircraft are not relevant to this sector.
Key proposed changes
- Provide a formalised rule set to regulate the relationship between RAAOs and CASA whereby sport and recreational aviation activities will be devolved to be administered by approved organisations to the maximum possible extent.
- Provide for recognition under Part 149 of existing and future sport and recreational aviation self administering bodies.
- To formally empower RAAO procedures manuals (however named) as the approved standards for the conduct of recreational aviation activities. Key Proposed Changes
- In line with policy approved by the Minister, sport and recreational aviation activities will be administered by approved organisations to the maximum possible extent.
How to respond
Comment period now closed