NFRM CS 99/04 - Subpart 21.J legislation amendments - Amendments to Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 (CAR) and Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR)
On 17 October 2012, CASA published the final consultation draft of the proposed Subpart 21.J legislation amendments. The consultation draft invited public comment on proposed changes to the CAR and CASR, including:
- a new CASR Subpart 21.J-Approved design organisations
- amendment of Subpart 21.O of CASR to include European Technical Standard Orders (ETSO) as acceptable minimum performance standards for articles (i.e. materials, parts, processes or appliances used on civil aircraft)
- various other minor and machinery amendments related to certification and airworthiness requirements for aircraft and aeronautical products.
- provides a background of the regulatory policy proposed and consultation undertaken
- discusses the submissions made in response to the consultation draft
- provides an analysis of the responses and gives a CASA response and disposition
- discusses the impact and gives an explanation of the changes
- provides the legislative changes.
22 July 2014
- NFRM CS 99/04 - Preamble (292KB)
- ANNEX A - Summary of Responses (124KB)
- ANNEX B - Legislative Instrument (Subpart 21.J) (708KB)
Contact: Ben Challender, Project Leader