NFRM 1613CS - Amendments to the Part 90 MOS and Part 90 of CASR
On 4 November 2016, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) published Consultation Draft (CD) 1613CS - Proposed amendments to the Part 90 MOS and Part 90 of CASR. The document proposed changes as a result of CASA's post-implementation review of Part 90, which covers additional airworthiness requirements.
The changes included:
- a clarification of application of the Part with respect to other CASR provisions
- providing a head of power for further Part 90 MOS subjects
- correcting the wording of three provisions that were not correctly transitioned from Airworthiness Directives to Part 90 of CASR
- a new requirement enabling CASA to meet its ICAO obligations by making it an offence to have certain aircraft fitted with Halon type fire extinguishers
- miscellaneous grammatical changes.
The purpose of this NFRM is to set out CASA's disposition of comments received to the CD. This NFRM:
- provides a background of the regulatory policy proposed and consultation undertaken
- discusses the submissions made in response to CD 1613CS
- provides an analysis of the responses and gives a CASA response and disposition
- discusses the impact and gives an explanation of the changes
- provides the final legislative changes and associated advisory materials.
CASA received 3 responses to the CD; comments were editorial in nature, with no comments received opposing the technical content of the proposed changes. A summary of responses, together with CASA's disposition of them, is attached to this NFRM at Annex A.