NFRM 1524OS - Limited category aircraft operations (Part 132 Manual of Standards)
On 25 February 2016, CASA published CD 1524OS - Limited category aircraft operations (Part 132 Manual of Standards), with the public consultation period closing on 8 April 2016. The purpose of this NFRM is to set out CASA's disposition of comments received to CD 1524OS, which invited public comment on proposed Part 132 Manual of Standards.
- provides a background of the regulatory policy proposed and consultation undertaken
- discusses the submissions made in response to CD1524OS
- provides an analysis of the responses and gives a CASA response and disposition
- discusses the impact and gives an explanation of the changes
- provides the final legislative changes.
CASA received 7 responses to CD 1524OS; comments were generally supportive. Some comments were submitted in regard to the draft Part 132 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR); however, CD 1524OS was confined to consultation on the Part 132 MOS. The draft Part 132 amendment instrument was previously consulted as NPRM 1408OS, with the period for comments closing on 1 April 2015.