- Night visual flight rules
On 5 November 2014, CASA published Summary of Proposed Change (SPC) to CD 1418OS. The purpose of this NFRM is to set out CASA's disposition of comments received to the SPC, which invited public comment on proposed changes to Amendments to CAO 20.18 - Night Visual Flight Rules.
- provides a background of the regulatory policy proposed and consultation undertaken
- discusses the submissions made in response to the SPC and CD
- provides an analysis of the responses and gives a CASA response and disposition
- discusses the impact and gives an explanation of the changes
- provides the final legislative changes and associated advisory materials.
CASA received 10 responses to the CD; comments varied widely, with many respondents having opposite points of view to each other about the same proposals. A number of respondents did not comment in regard to the CD and the proposed changes, but rather commented on Night VFR in general. Where this was the case the respondents were invited to comment specifically in regard to the proposed draft amendments. An SOR, together with CASA's disposition of them, is attached to this NFRM at Annex A.
Contact: Damien Fing, Project Leader