- Maintenance and equipment standard requirements for night vision goggles
On 6 August 2014, CASA published NPRM 1412MS - Maintenance and equipment standard requirements for night vision goggles. The purpose of this NFRM is to set out CASA's disposition of comments received to the NPRM, which invited public comment on proposed changes to Civil Aviation Order (CAO) 82.6.
- provides a background of the regulatory policy proposed and consultation undertaken
- discusses the submissions made in response to NPRM 1412MS
- provides an analysis of the responses and gives a CASA response and disposition
- discusses the impact and gives an explanation of the changes
- provides the final legislative changes.
CASA received 2 responses to the NPRM, both of which were supportive, with one suggesting the wording be changed to clarify the intent. A SOR, together with CASA's disposition of them, is included in this NFRM.
8 October 2014
Contact: Charles Lenarcic, Project Leader