NFRM 1401AS - Off-shore helicopter instrument flight procedures
On 21 April 2016, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) published Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 1401AS, Off-shore Helicopter Instrument Flight Procedures. The purpose of this NFRM is to set out CASA's disposition of comments received to the NPRM, which invited public comment on proposed changes to the format and design of instrument approach procedures to off-shore resource extraction facilities.
- provides a background of the regulatory policy proposed and consultation undertaken
- discusses the submissions made in response to NPRM 1401AS
- provides an analysis of the responses and gives a CASA response and disposition
- discusses the impact and gives an explanation of the changes
- provides the final legislative changes and associated advisory materials.
CASA received two submissions to the NPRM; comments varied in their scope and focus. A summary of responses, together with CASA's disposition of them, is attached to this NFRM at Annex A.
Following consultation, CASA incorporated feedback into the draft Manual of Standards Part 173 Amendment Instrument 2017 (No. 1), which commenced on 9 March 2017.
CASA would like to thank those who participated in the consultations on the issues addressed in the NPRM. The input of stakeholders who are directly or indirectly affected by change proposals is appreciated and valued in our regulatory development process.