– Navigation authorisations
On 2 July 2014, CASA published NPRM 1320AS - Navigation Authorisations.
The purpose of this NFRM is to set out CASA's disposition of comments received to the NPRM, which invited public comment on proposed changes to Civil Aviation Order (CAO) 20.91 – Instructions and directions for performance-based navigation; and CAO 20.18 – Aircraft equipment – basic operational requirements.
- provides a background of the regulatory policy proposed and consultation undertaken
- discusses the submissions made in response to NPRM 1320AS
- provides an analysis of the responses and gives a CASA response and disposition
- discusses the impact and gives an explanation of the changes
- provides the final legislative changes and associated advisory materials.
CASA received 6 responses to the NPRM; all respondents supported the changes, most also made suggestions that could clarify requirements. A SOR, together with CASA's disposition of the responses, is attached to this NFRM. (See Annex A).
Contact: Kim Jones, Project Leader