NFRM 1209AS - New precision instrument approach operations
On 12 November 2012, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) published Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) 1209AS – New precision instrument approach operations. The NPRM invited public comment on proposed standards for Special Authorisation Category (SA CAT) I and SA CAT II instrument approach operations and proposed fine-tuning of existing standards covering low visibility operations. The consultation period ended on 4 January 2013.
- provides a background of the regulatory policy proposed and consultation undertaken
- discusses the submissions made in response to NPRM 1209AS
- provides an analysis of the responses and gives a CASA response and disposition
- discusses the impact and gives an explanation of the changes
- provides the final legislative changes and associated advisory materials.
CASA received five responses to the NPRM. The comments were generally supportive, but in several cases, recommended specific changes. A summary of responses, together with CASA’s disposition, is attached to this NFRM at Annex A.