NFRM 0901AS / 1402AS
– Aeronautical Information Management
On 7 October 2009, CASA published NPRM 0901AS - Aeronautical information services - proposed Part 175 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR 1998). Due to the length of time that had elapsed since the publication of the NPRM, CASA published a CD 1402AS of the proposed Part 175 of CASR 1998 on 31 January 2014. The CD proposed that the title of Part 175 of CASR 1998 would be amended to 'Aeronautical Information Management' to reflect its broader scope and continued evolution towards a digital data exchange environment.
The purpose of this NFRM is to set out CASA's disposition of comments received on the NPRM, which invited public comment on proposed changes to provide a regulatory framework for the management of aeronautical information, and on the CD.
- provides a background of the regulatory policy proposed and consultation undertaken
- discusses the submissions made in response to NPRM 0901AS and the CD 1402AS
- provides an analysis of the responses and gives a CASA response and disposition
- discusses the impact and gives an explanation of the changes
- provides the final legislative changes and associated advisory materials.
NPRM 0901AS responses:
- CASA received 3 responses, containing 23 comments. These comments were generally in support of the proposals, with some respondents having similar views.
CD 1402AS responses:
- CASA received 7 responses, containing 52 comments. These comments were generally in support of the proposals, with some respondents having similar views.
An SOR, together with CASA's disposition of all responses, is attached to this NFRM at Annex A.
Contact: Roy Tuomela, Project Leader