- Regulatory Administrative Procedures - Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) Part 11
CASR Part 11 provides the regulatory administrative requirements for authorisations, exemptions and directions issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) under the CASRs.
A review of the current CASR Part 11 and related CASR provisions and CARs identified the need to simplify and standardise CASAs regulatory administrative procedures.
The amendments refine the administrative requirements currently contained in CASR Part 11, other CASR Parts and in the CARs, and consolidate them in CASR Part 11, including:
- the regulatory services and subsequent compliance requirements governing the issue and granting of authorisations necessary for entry into the aviation system under the CASRs and CARs;
- the application and approval of exemptions against the provisions contained in the CASRs and CARs; and
- the issuance of maintenance, aerodrome or operational directions (but does not include airworthiness directives).
Many of the amendments draw on procedural application provisions found in Parts of the CASRs, other than in Part 11, which are moved to CASR Part 11, so that those provisions apply equally to all applicable applications for authorisations.
Contact: Adam Anastasi, Project Officer
NFRM published: 28 June 2011
- CASR Part 11 Information Sheet
- NFRM 0806SS — Regulatory Administrative Procedures - Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) Part 11
- NFRM Annex A — Summary of Responses (SOR) to NPRM 0806SS
- NFRM Annex B — Amendments to Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) Part 11 - Regulatory Administrative Procedures