- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
NFRM 0608OS - Extended Diversion Time Operations (EDTO)
Notice of Final Rule Making (NFRM) 0608OS
Extended Diversion Time Operations (EDTO)
The provisions in the EDTO suite of rules will underpin safe operations for large aeroplanes conducting extended diversion time operations.
It will also provide significant harmonisation with ICAO's Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) and with other major ICAO-contracting states. Additionally, it will provide a uniform set of standards for Australian and New Zealand operators.
Key changes proposed
The key proposed changes included:
- threshold time to be lifted from 60 minutes to 90 minutes, when certain conditions are met;
- introduction of new extended diversion time approval steps (beyond 180 minute and beyond 240 minutes);
- previous EDTO experience requirements harmonised with the new approval steps and other regulatory authorities;
- introduction of 180 minute threshold time for all turbine aeroplanes with more than two engines, except where they operated prior to the commencement of the new EDTO rule set;
- all EDTO operators to implement a passenger recovery plan in the absence of appropriate facilities, to ensure the care and safety of the full complement of passengers and crew;
- specified EDTO alternate aerodromes must have operable RFFS available (outside Australia and with 30 minutes notice);
- introduction of an advisory circular giving comprehensive guidance for obtaining approval to conduct EDTO.
For more information about this NFRM, contact Peter Robbins by emailing email@example.com, or use the fax, post or email addresses below:
- Fax to the Standards Development Documentation Coordinator at:
1800 653 897 (free call within Australia) or
+612 6217 1691 (international).
- Post (no stamp required if posted in Australia) to:
CASA Regulatory Coordination & Administration Section,
Attn: Standards Development Documentation Coordinator,
Reply Paid 2005, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia.
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.