NFC 172/05 - Air Traffic Services
On 26 July 2013, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) published Notice of Proposed Change (NPC) 172/05—Miscellaneous Amendments to Manual of Standards (MOS) Part 172 - Air Traffic Services. The NPC invited industry comment on a number of minor changes to the MOS.
The purpose of this Notice of Final Change (NFC) is to set out CASA's disposition of comments received on the NPC, which invited public comment on a number of minor changes to Air Traffic Services (ATS) standards and procedures. These changes incorporate previously approved CASA exemptions, improvements to standards or improvements in the clarity of the wording.
- provides background to the regulatory policy proposed and consultation undertaken
- discusses the submissions made in response to NPC 172/05
- provides an analysis of the responses and gives a CASA response and disposition
- discusses the impact and gives an explanation of the changes
- provides the final legislative changes and associated advisory materials.
CASA received two responses to the NPC; one expressed overall support for the changes, but provided comment on some aspects; while the other expressed concern that the proposed changes to wake turbulence separation requirements would adversely impact particular helicopter operations. Details of CASA’s agreed policy and final legislative changes are attached to this NFC at Annex A.
- NFC 172/05 - Air Traffic Services
- Annex A - Manual of Standards Parts 172 Amendment Instrument 2013 (No. 1)
Contact: Jan Goosen, Project Leader