- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Making changes to an approved manual
You can continue to use MAAT to update your manuals or exposition as the need arises.
It is simple to make a change or variation to an approved manual – just create a draft, update the relevant section/s and then submit the manual to CASA for assessment. An application form will also need to be sent to the Aviation Industry Approval and Permissions Issue section of the Client Services Centre, or emailed to email@example.com. A fee may apply.
The process for reassessment is basically the same as for the initial version but for any subsequent version/s all updated sections must be submitted at the same time.
Manual variation and assessment process
The diagram below is an overview of the manual variation and assessment process.
Text version of process
- Process begins with manual version 1
- Organisation creates draft of approved manual
- Organisation updates content for relevant sections
- Organisation submits version 2 (draft) manual to CASA for assessment (Emails completed application form)
- CASA review submitted sections
- CASA either returns to organisation for further work (return to step 3) or CASA delegate accepts manual once all sections are satisfactory (proceed to next step)
- Process ends with manual version 2.