Go to top of page
Key proposals - development of Part 141
- address training for the grant of recreational, private and commercial licences and other single pilot flight crew qualifications (does not extend to integrated training)
- addresses training conducted both in aircraft and in flight simulation training devices
- does not require an AOC but requires an 'authorisation'
- requires Part 141 authorisation holders to develop and maintain an exposition that sets out the training activities the operator proposes to conduct for flight crew qualifications granted under CASR Part 61, and how the operator intends to comply with relevant regulations
- introduces a Manager of Flight Training qualification that may be granted to the holder of a flight instructor rating
- requires Part 141 authorisation holders to develop and implement a Safety Management System (SMS)
- simplifies the administrative and organisational requirements for operators conducting flight training for the grant of recreational, private and commercial licences.