Go to top of page
Key proposals – development of Part 171
Requirements have been introduced for the regulation of services that support the provision of air traffic services, or navigation services provided to pilots, these being broadly defined as the following:
- Aeronautical broadcasting services (radio broadcast services for the transmission of information relating to air navigation);
- Aeronautical fixed telecommunication network (a world-wide system of fixed circuits provided for the exchange of messages and/or digital data between aeronautical fixed ground stations);
- Aeronautical mobile communication services (the ground stations of the air/ground radio services used for air traffic services);
- Aeronautical radionavigation services (navigation aids used by instrument-rated pilots, including the enroute aids, and the precision and non-precision approach aids); and radar systems used for air traffic control purposes;
- Telecommunication systems that process or display air traffic control data for use by air traffic services provided under CASR Part 172.