Key activities and changes
Under section 16 of the Commonwealth Authorities (Annual Reporting) Orders 2011, CASA must report on key activities or changes that affected its performance during the financial year.
Such matters may include any ‘significant events’ as defined in section 15 of the Commonwealth Authorities and Companies Act 1997. A significant event is defined as any proposal to:
- form a company or participate in the formation of a company
- participate in a significant partnership, trust, unincorporated joint venture or similar arrangement
- acquire or dispose of a significant shareholding in a company
- acquire or dispose of a significant business
- commence or cease a significant business activity
- make a significant change in the nature or extent of an interest in a significant partnership, trust, unincorporated joint venture or similar arrangement.
CASA experienced no significant events within the meaning of section 15 in 2011–12.
Reportable events also include significant changes to the operational and financial results of the authority; the authority’s state of affairs of principal activities; or the authority’s enabling legislation or any other directly relevant legislation. No such changes affected CASA’s performance in 2011–12.