- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Individual aviation reference number application
We made changes to our identification requirements on 1 July 2019. Find out more.
You can now apply for an aviation reference number (ARN) online, using a simple portal.
Before you log in
- Have your Australian or foreign passport, Australian birth certificate, citizenship certificate or ImmiCard available.
- If your document cannot be immediately verified, you will need to upload a certified copy
- See who can certify documents
- If you do not have one of these documents or are outside Australia, you will need to complete a paper form and provide 100 points of identification.
- You can submit a manual form for processing
- Complete Aviation reference number application individual form 1162 (pdf 141.39 KB)
- You will need to attach certified copies of your documents
- Your application may take up to five days to be processed
Updating your details
- If you applied for an ARN online since 2 July 2018, log into your account
- If you applied for an ARN before 2 July 2018, log into the CASA Self Service portal
- If you're unsure, email email@example.com
- Aviation reference number frequently asked questions
- Provide feedback on our ARN application feedback