How CASA will work with you during transition
CASA is committed to transitioning flight training organisations on or before 31 August 2018, provided they can demonstrate compliance against the new regulations.
To support organisations throughout the transition period, CASA will:
- work collaboratively with you to determine your transition requirements and agree on a schedule to ensure your new authorisation is issued on time
- ensure you are aware of the transition schedule for your organisation and are notified if any changes need to be made
- notify you if any deficiencies are identified in your application and give you a chance to address or rectify these before a decision is made
- inform you of any issues that may affect your transition schedule.
CASA’s ability to transition your organisation to the new regulations by 31 August 2018 will depend on:
- whether or not you meet the agreed timeframes for submitting your documentation
- whether you make any changes to your documentation after it has been submitted
- any training activities you ask to be added to your existing operations
- how quickly you respond to CASA’s requests for amendments or further information to support your application.
CASA will endeavour to assist operators where possible during the transition process, however it is important to note that a successful transition will depend on the submission of timely and properly completed documentation.
Should your organisation experience any issues in your preparation which will result in delays to submitting your documentation and other requirements as per the agreed submission date, please contact your CASA Regional Office immediately.