Guidance, resources and tools for flight training organisations
The regulations governing flight crew training and licensing in Australia are contained within the following Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR):
- CASR Part 61 sets out the requirements, standards and privileges and limitations of all flight crew licensing in Australia. The Part 61 Manual of Standards contains the aeronautical knowledge and practical competency standards for licences, ratings and endorsements issued under Part 61, and the standards for Part 64 authorisations.
- CASR Part 141
- CASR Part 142
- Part 5 of the CAR 1988 the Civil Aviation Regulations 1998 continues to apply to balloons training.
Guidance material and tools for flight training organisations
We have produced a range of guidance material, including sample documents, to assist flying training organisations apply for an authorisation to conduct flying training activities or to transition to CASR Part 141 and Part 142 by 31 August 2018.
CASR Part 141
CASR Part 142
- Part 142 Sample Exposition and Guide
- Sample syllabi and guide
- Sample training course - Basic flight instrument training - gap training for flight instructors
- Integrated training for private and commercial pilot licences