Guidance material for Part 141 flying training organisations
CASA has developed a range of guidance material to make it easier for flying training organisations to transition to new rules by 31 August 2018.
The Part 141 Sample Operations Manual is designed for operators who only conduct flying training activities. It provides a basic template for these operators and will require minimal tailoring to reflect individual organisations. An explanatory document provides instructions on how the sample manual should be used, as well as details on the information that should be included.
CASA’s Part 141 Technical Assessor Handbook has also been updated to align with the introduction of the Part 141 Sample Operations Manual and Guide.
Under Part 141, flying training organisations are required to submit new or amended syllabuses to CASA for approval. The sample syllabuses below – if adopted as they are – represent an acceptable means of compliance with the regulations.
CASA sought feedback from selected staff and industry representatives in the process of developing these guidance documents. This included seeking input from relevant Part 61 Solutions Taskforce Industry Advisory Panel members.
- Part 141 Sample Operations Manual
- A guide to using the Part 141 Sample Operations Manual
- How to customise the Part 141 Operations Manual
- CASR Part 141 Technical Assessor Guidance
- Temporary management instruction TMI-2016-002 (instructions to CASA staff on conducting Part 141 assessments)
- Sample syllabuses for flying training organisations
- Information sheet: Transitioning to new rules for flying training organisations - Part 141 operators
If you have any questions about the guidance material, please contact CASA’s Permission Application Centre on 136 773 or submit an enquiry using our online form.