- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Ground Handling Agents, Maintenance Organisations and Aerodromes
- Part 64 commenced on 1 September 2014 and contains the rules relating to taxiing aeroplanes and operating aeronautical radio.
- Under Part 64, a person is required to be assessed for competency every five years and retain evidence of the assessment as authority to taxi an aeroplane. The new regulations do not require CASA to issue an approval or other civil aviation authorisation for taxiing aeroplanes.
- Part 64 also prescribes the privileges and requirements for the grant of an aeronautical radio operator authorisation.
- Part 64 replaces provisions in CAR Part 8 and CAO 20.22. The new rules maintain but simplify previous requirements.
- Part 64 includes a provision to recognise the training and assessment conducted by Registered Training Organisations (RTO) for the grant of an aeronautical radio operator authorisation.