- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Get your RPA operator's certificate
Once you have your licence, you may operate commercially with an operator (a holder of an RPA operator's certificate, or ReOC), or apply for your own certificate.
To gain a ReOC you must:
- complete Application Forms 101-02 and Form 101-04
- complete and submit supporting documentation including your RPAS operations manual and RPAS operations procedures (Library)
- pay the assessment fee
- participate in an interview with CASA.
You will be issued with a certificate upon successful completion.
Categories of operations
We issue certificates in the following categories:
- powered lift
Your certificate will also contain a weight category. This will generally be up to 25kg (where required with 7kg restriction). If your RPA weighs more than 25kg, your certificate will record the manufacturer type and weight. Airships will be listed on your certificate detailing cubic capacity.
Renewing your RPA operator's certificate
Your initial ReOC certificate is valid for 12 months. We will send you a renewal notice for your initial certificate about three months before it is due to expire. This will include a renewal application and details of the fee payable.
If you don’t need to make any changes to your ReOC, you can renew it online through our myCASA portal.
If you need to make changes, you will need to complete and submit form 101-02. Variations to ReOCs cannot be processed through the myCASA portal.
Once you submit your application and pay the renewal fee we will review the information. If satisfactory, we will issue you with a renewed certificate.
Additional authorisations such as permissions, area approvals, or approvals that expire in line with your ReOC expiry will not be automatically renewed. Complete Form 11-09 and email it to email@example.com to reapply for a new permission.
Find out more
- Renew your RPAC operator’s certificate online
- Get your remote pilot licence (RePL)
- Get permission to fly
- Industry delegates – these are individuals who are authorised by us to issue operators certificates and perform other functions under Part 101 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1988.
- Become a CASA certified training organisation
Other useful information
Still have questions? Call us on 131 757 or contact us via our online enquiry form.