- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online tools and apps
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Get your RPA operator's certificate
Once you have your licence, you may operate commercially with an operator (a holder of an RPA operators certificate, or ReOC), or apply for your own certificate.
To gain a ReOC you must:
- complete Application Forms 101-02 and Form 101-04
- complete and submit supporting documentation including your RPAS operations manual and RPAS operations procedures (Library)
- pay the assessment fee
- participate in an interview with CASA.
You will be issued with a certificate upon successful completion.
Categories of operations
We issue certificates in the following categories:
- powered lift
Your certificate will also contain a weight category. This will generally be up to 25kg (where required with 7kg restriction). If your RPA weighs more than 25kg, your certificate will record the manufacturer type and weight. Airships will be listed on your certificate detailing cubic capacity.
Renewing your operators certificate
Your initial ReOC certificate is valid for 12 months. We will send you a renewal notice for your initial certificate about three months before it is due to expire. This will include a renewal application and details of the fee payable.
Once the completed application form and renewal fee is received we will review the information. If satisfactory, we will issue you with a renewed certificate.
Additional authorisations such as permission, area approvals, or approvals that expire in line with your ReOC expiry will not be automatically renewed. Complete Form 11-09 and email it to email@example.com to reapply for a new permission.
Find out more
- Get your remote pilot licence (RePL)
- Get permission to fly
- Industry delegates – these are individuals who are authorised by us to issue operators certificates and perform other functions under Part 101 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1988.
- Become a CASA certified training organisation
Other useful information
Still have questions? Call us on 131 757 or contact us via our online enquiry form.